Would mean a lot. I'll try and make huge improvements before that build.
Recent community posts
- fix purple robed people to a different color, maybe green.
-make gray stairs darker or change gray walls a different color
-it takes effort to even find hints so they should be way better
-make slimes die in 1 hit with dagger, fairies with 2 and spiders 3
-have only slimes in the first area
-make slimes deal only 1 damage
-put fairies in the mine instead of spiders
-make camps able to cure poison, put a camp in the sewer
-show the player what a ring of invulnerablity is and explain exactly what it does, how long it lasts
-have more save files
-add invulnerable state after getting hit, maybe just 3 seconds
These are the notes I made based on what you said, and you are pretty much the first person to give any feedback at all. I haven't been able to watch anyone play so I don't really know what a new player does
World's Smallest RPG is on Steam in the RPG MAKER MV workshop. I've been meaning to recover it but haven't been able to. I accidentally overwrote the file I had on this site so I had to take it down.
I'm not sure how you see that, nothing in this game seems to say that life is meaningless, unless you feel that way because you don't get to keep everything you want but that's just life, isn't it. Animals never think about this stuff, they just live.
I'm sorry if an existential crisis really was what killed your son, but not everyone will find a lack of bigger meaning in life a reason to end it.
Hope you won't find what I said rude.
14. Color palette change, status menu location change, bug fixes/
13. Transitional update. Many things have been changed and some taken out temporarily.
12. Stream-lined stats and combat. Too many things for the player to keep track of and I didn't find them necessary.
11. Old-school sound effects and a new scoring system.
10. You can EXAMINE items that are in the inventory.
9. SKHALL enemy, buying MENDING OINTMENTS at the hospital and retiring at the tavern
8. Added trophies back in, even if it looks a little awkward it's still more fun. Also added that every 10 days, enemies become more powerful/but also gives more xp and silver.
7. Added leveling up stats.
6. Added poisoned PALADIN and made MIDAS more powerful at 12 mp cost.
5. Added POWER TOME.
4. Gave the DUNGEON area a facelift.
3. Added UNDYING CROWN.
2. Added TROLL enemy.
1. Added one more location, tried to spice up the title screen... still not entirely happy with it though.
WOLF - Strong but fetches things you throw
RAT - Steals food from enemy or player
CAT - Has naps
BAT - Drains blood heals itself
MOUSE - Won't fight, at all
HEDGEHOG - throws itself
HAWK - Will find nuts or coins
SPIDER - Causes poison damage
DUCK - Pet with pope hat heals player when potions are not effective enough
Gossiping with patrons/people quests:
Should have a randomized list of people you can talk to.
1. The GRUMPY ELF
2. The STERN BOUNTY HUNTER
3. The BROKEN DOWN PALADIN
4. The CONCERNED BARKEEP
5. The SCARED NOBLEWOMAN
They will all have a quest associated to them.
The GRUMPY ELF for example will tell the player to find 2 LAIR MAPS then return to them.
If player has these 2 items, they will lead them to the dragon's hoard. Player can pay a small fee of 5sp. to immediately embark.
- Deliver 1 ELIXIR to the CHURCH in VILLAGE.
- Assassinate the queen / Find the queen's ASSASSIN.
- Save the princess from the ORC KING in the SEWERS.
- Steal RARE GEM from the sleeping DRAGON.
- Dig up the hidden treasure on the LOST ISLAND.
- Save the village from SPOCIL invasion.
- Kill the slugs in the basement of MADONKA'S EATERY.
- Raid the LIZORD village.
- Conquer the LICH'S tower's traps and collect 2 urns.
- Open the mysterious door with a SKELETON KEY. Enter or don't.
- Defeat the NECROMANCER.
draw skeleton key.
- BLOODY CHALICE - chance to restore or drain life and magic between -12 and +12, but not 0. does not deplete.
- BERSERKER BRACELET - adds power attack option if in
- VAMPIRIC HILT - gives player 1 life per successful attack.
- TRAVELER'S COMPASS - Raises chance of finding DUNCASTER by 50%.
- HOUSE CONTRACT - player has a house they can sleep in to make
the day pass/recover life and mana.
- BURLY BREW - doubles attack till end of combat.
- BANDAGE - Stops bleeding.
- SHADOW VEIL - 50/50 chance enemy hitting player will count as a miss.
- SPELL SCROLL - Learn a random spell.
- BOLT RING - Deals random 0-3 damage to enemy and also the player.
- REPULSION TOME - Same as vanish. Skips battle.
- TAROT DECK - Will give the player a random bonus, or kill them.
- ONYX MIRROR - Summons a boss monster upon use.
- TREASURE MAP - if in inventory when searching the area the player will
find 100-200 silver. depletes map afterwards.
- DEMON EYE - Aborts combat, sends player to hell dungeon.
- DARTS - 1-4 damage.
- WING BOOTS - +2 to evade.
- dungeons. bring back.
- Pickpocket the nobleman.
- Horse and carriage can take you home for 5sp.
- Add king who grants favors for +5 fame and arrests -5 fame. Guards attack player can't evade. Also king gives quests?
- Crazy witch imbue weapon or shield might fail. Player can complain but
then the witch will curse the player and attack them.
- Children wants to be a hero too if player has +10 fame.
- Lake, chance to fish or encounter monster.
- SORCERER performs BLAST, eyes glow red before attack.
- Visiting holy church hurts if fame is below -10. it protects against evil.
- Tavern bar fight vs ogre.
- WOUNDED PALADIN - give them a healing potion check inv. and they will give you a weapon or shield. you get to choose. if not, they will die and yell "curse you!"
- STATUE - TIP IT OVER TO SUMMON A VERY STRONG PIG DEMON.
- PARASITES - LOSE 1 SAN PER STEP, THEY'RE IN YOUR BRAIN
- CURSE - LOSE 1 MAGIC PER STEP. SHADOW PEOPLE
- DISEASE - LOSE 1 LEVEL PER STEP. VOMITING
- LIMBS COMING OUT OF THE WALLS
- WHISPERING VOICES, TELL YOU TO HURT YOURSELF ETC
- STORE BEING MESSED UP IF SAN IS LOW, MAYBE STORE OWNER IS DEAD.
- FLIES - HALVES YOUR ROLL, WILL FLY AWAY.
- FRIENDLY SKELETON WAITER in tavern if san is low, TRIES TO POUR YOU WINE, WON'T ATTACK UNLESS PROVOKED.
- BASEMENT AREA PLAYER CAN FALL INTO. OR CLIMB DOWN WITH A ROPE, OR OUT. HOLDS MORE TREASURE, WORSE MONSTERS.
- CRYPT, LIKE DOOR, DRAW STAIRS DOWN IF POSSIBLE. IT CAN BE LOOTED. MIGHT WAKE VAMPIRE OR MUMMY.
- Alchemist shop - convert any weapon, armor, item into silver
- Angel - if you have good karma you can kneel and they will bless you/heal etc
- Demon - if you have bad karma you can -ii-
- Visit the dwarven smith - upgrade weapon or armor, free of choice
- Visit the haunted hamlet - nothing or randomized undead?
- SKAHLL - burning flying skulld
- GUARD - "you have been accused of murder" fight them, comply etc, spend time in dungeon getting tortured until you escape.
- MIST - stronger than wisp, same properties.
- CORPSE - zombie eemy, undead.
- WEREWOLF -
- LIGHTS - easy enemy, not sure what powers.
- BEAST - SAN 0 or lower - STRONG HUGE MONSTER BUT VERY RARE, player
can't run away.
- BANSHEE - SCREAMS AND HALVES YOUR REMAINING LIFE
- BEGOLPHER - BEAR GOAT DEMON, SUMMONS AT 45 SAN OR LESS IF SACRIFICE IS PERFORMED.
- SAN 30 - CRAZY COINS - 20 HP, DROPS 1-6 SILVER PER HIT
- PESTILENCE - PLAYER LOSES 1 LIFE PER ROUND, EVEN WHEN FIRST ENCOUNTERING IT, RARE FORM OF CORRUPTS. CAUSES PARASITES.
- CERBERUS - PLAYER CAN'T RUN AWAY
- CHIMERA - STRONGEST POISON ENEMY
- KNIGHT - 50/50 CHANCE OF TAKING ONLY 1 DAMAGE. CAN'T BLOCK SPELLS OR ITEMS
- ZOMBIE - 50/50 CHANCE OF SUMMONING ANOTHER ZOMBIE ON DEATH.
- VAMPIRE - DRAINS 1 LEVEL PER HIT
- RUST JELLY - DESTROYS 1 WEAPON OR SHIELD PER HIT.
- GHOUL - STEALS 1 FOOD PER HIT. 'SO HUNGRY'
- DRAGON - STARTS ASLEEP, PLAYER CAN STEAL SILVER. 1 IN 12 CHANCE DRAGON WAKES. VERY HIGH STATS, DROPS 50-100 SILVER.
- THIEF - STEALS 10% SILVER PER HIT.
- LOVED ONES - GIANT MONSTER WITH HUMAN SKINS
- War Lizard
- Plumper - runs away if player's life is above 10
- Spidros (blue spocil, more powerful, longer legs)
- Doppelganger (hovering sword and shield, depending on if player has it too)
- GOLEM - STRONG ENEMY- RED ROBOT
- Herrelgia - Caterpillar Kraken - ENCOUNTER AFTER LEVEL 40. STRONG ENEMY
- HARPY - might summon more harpies.
- MINOTAUR -
- OGRE -
- CYCLOPS -
- DEAD ADVENTURER - LOOT THEM OR LEAVE, CHANCE OF HEAD COMING OFF TO ATTACK YOU.
- CRAWLING HAND - CHANCE TO STEAL AN ITEM AND RUNS AWAY IF NOT KILLED ON FIRST TURN?
- ABOMINATION - SAN 70 - MONSTER - SNAKE WITH A CHICKEN HEAD, REPLACES SNAKE.
- DARKNESS - SAN 20 - INVISIBLE ENEMY, DRAINS SANITY PER TURN. CAN'T BE KILLED, INF HP.
- TWISTED - SAN 40 - HUMANOID MONSTER WITH TWISTED LIMBS
- WALL OF FACES - SAN 20 - ENEMY - MANY GHOULISH FACES ALL OVER THE WALLS.
BASILISK - MAGIC ATTACK THAT TURNS PLAYER TO STONE UNLESS BLOCKED WITH SHIELD OR ESCAPE
- LICH - MONSTER - DRAINS ALL OF PLAYER'S MAGIC WHEN FIRST ENCOUNTERED.
- GRIM REAPER - severely lowers sanity when player takes damage.
DEMOGORGON - Might resurrect upon death "demon reverses time!"
GHAST - Magic used will instead be destroyed then they will shoot out of their eyes.
St. Oster a goat man.
Shacor - Jackal Wasp Crab
Lebusi - Leech Bunny Spider
Jelti - Hawk Monkey Frog
Sehyda - Sea Hare
Madernos - Shell Snake Bird
Wycorm - Wyrm Cow
Vipel - Pelikan Fox
Turato - Turkey Owl Ram
Stoholikon - Storm Horse Lion
Sabosser - Toad Ostrich
Hashkir - Corrupted cannibals
Donido - Unicorn Dove
* * * Himantor - Three-Headed Bird Snake, Mother of all shadow
Donsorga - Undead person
Dakahira - Donkey Scorpion
Hyshibel - Lion Beetle
Flampir - Flamingo Slug with teeth
Gimha - Jellyfish Tiger
Petorkellis - Whale Lizard Snail
Fimaking - Flying Mantis Camel
Barmatile - Tiger Dragon
Flamolin - Flamingo Moth
Sabyss - Pegasus Raptor
Sanemyogi - Hydra Ant
Shawalar - Crocodile Shark
Berlar - Shrimp Hyena
Tistrilum - Salamander Lobster
Catalar - Squirrel Hedgehog
Mirabai - Rabbit Mite
Masodeia - Spiky thing that comes out of ground
- Succubus will upon surrender instead ask if player has a ruby ring (if they do), if player has one it can be offered and the enemy will join your side.
- Something to make boss monsters more obvious? a message? a window?
- MONSTER TROPHY, item player can sell for 40sp? will sometimes be dropped by a monster. 1 in 12 chance?
- Use item shop event as base for quest board. Undertake quest can have you talk to people or look at the board. Maybe the bartender has some too.
"Do you accept my quest?
Yes (quest item is handed to you)
If player chooses cancel, it counts as saying no.
- Familiar summon with spell and another window with hp.
- Add more treasures. Candlestick, philosopher's stone, gems, think of more.
- Sword n shield change appearance depending on value. bronze silver gold for simplicity? but lazy.. you can do better later.
- desert hold the pyramid dungeon with mummies etc, more scorpions
and scarabs, pestilence monster. player needs to buy map at tavern from
the barkeep when drinking.
Use switches on pictures to determine where the player is to trigger it.
- make crypt have openings with bones and bones on ground.
- make every unique location have a special name (Densa Wastelands, temple of old gods
Agony gauntlet - dungeon with only boss monsters.
- Grim reaper might resurrect player 1 in 12 chance.
MIND - reads mind of enemy, could lead to conversation.
NEEDLES - 1-4 dmg x every 4 levels
REFLECT - damage taken 1/2 of it is done to enemy.
TERROR - works on humans only, enemy will surrender.
CONFUSE - enemy might hit itself 1/6 chance.
DAZZLE - enemy to hit lowered by -4.
RECOVER - full healing at the cost of full mana, cures all ailments.
WINDFALL - summons x2 money than midas, costs x2 as much.
BANISH - 50/50 Chance of instantly killing undead.
DEATH - Equal chance of killing the enemy, summon the grim reaper
or instantly killing the player?
ARMORUM - Grants player 1 armor. Costs 12 mana?
HASTE - Next roll will be x2.
METEOR - More powerful than lightning, 1/6 chance player will also take the same damage.
POISON - Enemy takes 1 damage per round per poison spell applied.
GOOSEBERRIES - Summons item, worth 1-2 food.
FAMILIARUS - Summons companion. Will sometimes take damage instead of you.
- REGULAR: Swamp, canyon, plains, mountain, ruins.
SPECIAL: - ship with huge sea monsters, mermaids etc.
- gladiator arena, bet or join.
- city, choose store, unique stores and people.
- Cave, spiders and spider people, spider boss?
- Lair, dragon minions and and dragon
- Lake, go fishing, fight bees
- Tower, snake boss.
I used to put my own notes in the comments of updates I was gonna work on next then delete them. Now deleted comments show as COMMENT DELETED.
Because of that, my page is full of those. Looks like I'm one of those that can't handle criticism. Maybe I'll just disable it all.
Oh I'm not sure about that. Look at board games like Talisman with all expansions added, it becomes close to unplayable and very intimidating to look at. Maybe depending on HOW you add things makes a huge difference. Even if I have very powerful monsters appear on the first turn, I can control the chances of that happening and make them low. Point is, I'm afraid of bloating and confusing the player too much.
You do have to start all over when you die, and the idea is the longer you keep going the more difficult it will get. So far there's only like 5 enemy types, weapon and item shop and some items you find on the ground.
I hope to add traps, and that the dungeon will be more and more sinister-looking as you go deeper.
Thank you for taking the time to tell me what's going on.
Maybe a lot of these could run inside the SAME parallel process instead of separate ones but you've probably already done that whenever possible. I wonder if the rogue-like aspects do constant checks too because if so, maybe stuff like that could be randomly generated BEFORE even starting the game unless it does that already. I know whatever I say is going to sound like unsolicited advice because I can't really see it all in front of me.
I'm surprised combat has so much going on because it doesn't SEEM that complicated, not to undervalue the tons of work that went into it and everything else. Wish I could see it more in depth what's going on but from what you've said it seems like that depth would take hours to dig through.
Reason I even comment is because I really enjoy this game and setting a lot which I said already. It's been rare to find the very darker themes and I'm surprised not more people are inspired by it.
The game seems very taxing on memory even though it seems simple? Are you using a lot of parallel processes? What kind are they and why are they always running? Anyway, I do really enjoy this very dark setting. Sorry about all the questions I'm just very curious.