Hmmm, have you tried downloading the game when it’s already patched? It’s risky, but possible. For storm lover Kai, I also struggled to patch it so I found a already patched version online. And I know Tokimeki memorial girl’s side 1 has a already patched version. Just be careful when you look for one, make sure the site is legit, and check it there are reviews to show that actual other people have downloaded it. Also my man was Rhett and the French guy too. Also loved Baby face. Though I wish his sister was available to date.
Recent community posts
For the patches I use a PSP and DS Emulator. You could also play Avalon code and Personal 4 On the emulators as well for free. I always like supporting the artists and creators of games, but I understand that some can’t afford to. Here is some good websites for the emulators
- Emuparadise (Search for Nindtendo DS and PSP Emulator)
- PPSSPP.org (This one provides the latest version for the PPSSPP)
Roms (You can find Roms for a lot of games but I be careful when searching them up, some may have viruses, I trust emuparadise the most).
If you need help installing them, you should try searching up YouTube tutorials. There’s a lot out there. Also they should have faqs if you run into any problems. A lot of the patched games also have instructions, try going to english Otome games page. Then click on the title of the patched game. And usually there’s a link which will take you to the translators page and website. And they often have instructions on how to install the games.
Also other recommendations I have is Lucky Rabbit Reflex, the art is quite unique, and the game itself takes place in the UK I believe so the lingo is different. But the game is honestly one of the best games I ever played, and it is very similar to Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side 3, with the dressing up and love triangles. You can find it on steam.
ALSO always be safe. I used to just download games left to right, and I had two viruses. One virus where someone actually kept all my family and my personal files locked and we had to pay them some sort of fee to get it unlocked. People suck. So have a good malaware program and also a antivirus program. If you can’t afford it, I reccomand getting trial versions from the sites. Those usually last 30 days, and some you can have forever with with less features. I like Malaware malabytes and AVG. But download it from the actual distributors site. Never a second party.
- Cinderella Phenomenon: This game doesn't really have game mechanics, but it is a great game if you're more into reading and story lines. However the characters are all unique and interesting, and you even come to care for the main character as well.
- Nusantara: Although there are some game mechanics in the game, it really is more of a visual novel. More story focused than romance. Fair warning, if you stray your attention from your main guy, you could get his bad ending. A great game though, interesting characters and nice usage of Indonesian culture.
- 7kpp (Only Demo Available): This game is more focused on strategy rather than romance, though with the romance, there are a bunch of bachelors and bachelorettes, each unique and interesting. Be warned, this game is addicting and the stats raising part of it can be tricky. Best thing, customization MC!
Although I prefer English otome games over Japanese one, as they seem more original storyline wise, some of them are still pretty fun to play.
- Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1, 2, and 3: This game is definitely like a game. Not only do you pursue a guy, but you also have to get good grade, make money at a part time job, and buy clothes and be up on the latest trends. The third game also has the option of being in a love triangle with two guys and getting a sort of three person ending?
- Storm Lover Kai: A interesting otome game, as in most otome games you are pursuing the guy so he confesses to you at the end. In this game, the guy confesses you very early and you actually spend the rest of the game being boyfriend and girlfriend. However, being in a relationship is never easy, as you could pursue another guy while dating your guy, or if you're not giving enough attention to your guy, there is the possibility of him cheating on you. Oh, also you can send your boyfriend and possible bachelors cute little texts to each other.
Non- Free Games
- Demonheart: This game is hella dark. Like, this game isn't about romance, its more about your character reacting to all the horrible things going on. Which she can either be a saint, or a absolute villain. Your choice. This game is supppeerr dark, I'm not kidding. Spoiler Alert: You got three romance options, one is a rapist and the other is a murderous demon. The other is actually decent.
- Persona 3 PSP Version: Although the persona series is famous for its mostly male main characters, the PSP version does allow the option of being a female and pursuing at least 4 bachelors. The romance is very side lined though, kind of like the fire emblem series games. Where you can romance someone before the end of the game, but after you finished romancing them then that's it. However, the game itself is still very enjoyable if you're into battle turn games and also connecting with all kinds of characters.
- Avalon Code: A seriously underrated DS game, like I have no clue how it's not on the top boards in the English Otome Games Board. It has such a unique storyline, and it comes with a interesting battle mechanics more similar to Rune Factory 4 (so basically no turn-based, but just realistic fighting). Not to mention your character can use a range of weapons, from hammers, swords, shields, bombs, and can customize weapons, monsters, and even people as well. The romance is also a side thing in this game, but it's still a good game to play.
- Harvest Moon: Animal Parade: One of the best games in the series in my opinion, the graphics are cute, lots of nice bachelors, and farming. Who doesn't like farming? Also get to dress up your farmer.
- Rune Factory 4: If you're into battling and farming though, Rune Factory 4 is the game for you. Like every Rune Factory game, you pretty much start with a amnesic person who starts a farm against their will. The game allows both a male and female heroine. And the marriage candidates are all quite cute. The humor in the game is also quite good, which I find surprising in translated Japanese games.