I don't really know what I was expecting with this game, I got it in a bundle and I didn't look too closely at it, but I was pleasantly surprised when I played it! I found it to be very cute and charming, and I'm looking forward to all the updates ahead!!
Recent community posts
Hi Rin! I've tried a couple of times to start the game but I never get past the first cinematic as soon as you start a new game. After a third time of trying to get past the first loading screen I finally get an error message. Hopefully this helps with the bug squashing, I'll probably wait until the end of April update to try again.
So I'm going up to the north east to see if the messenger has come, but the game shows an error that says "Failed to load: data/Map022.json" and I looked in the files and that map isn't there. Is this part of restricted access bit?
This is a really cute visual novel about childhood friends to lovers! The kickstarter is still going for about another three weeks and the demo is really cute!
"Our Life is a nostalgic Visual Novel where you create your own character and grow from childhood to adulthood with the lonely boy next door. It's currently in development by GB Patch Games. A 31,000 word demo is available for anyone who's interested. It includes scenes from childhood and adolescence.
A slice-of-life story with comedy, romance, drama, and many wonderful memories to make.
Price: Free-to-Play, with optional paid DLCs that add events and Love Interests
Rating: 16+, for swearing, crude humor, and suggestive content during adult-aged portions of the game
Release Date: Summer 2020
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, Steam
- 4 different periods of life to experience; childhood, adolescence, teenaged, and adulthood
- Name, appearance, personality, and pronoun (he, she, or they) customization for your character
- The option to change your character's details however you like as you grow, including transitioning to new pronouns
- A choice-heavy Visual Novel with frequent opportunities to shape your personality, feelings, and preferences
- 1 main love interest, Cove Holden, whose personality, interests, and appearance will develop in a custom way over the years based on his experiences with you
- Decide for yourself how quickly or slowly the relationship develops between you and Cove by setting a unique dynamic that can change over time
- 6-8 hours of content that's free for everyone, plus optional paid DLCs that increase playtime
- Light animation effects. The sun shines, characters blink, and more (animations can also be turned off)
- Partial voice acting
- A voiced name feature. Choose one of the options on a 400-name-long list and hear that name said aloud by Cove throughout the story ❤"
And the devs have a really solid record of putting stuff out and communicating with their fanbase!
Oh man this brings me back! This is the first otome game I ever played and when I redownloaded it, I was a little scared that it wouldn't hold up to my memories, but it did! Merui is super cute and I still love Shiro just as much as I did when I first played it almost 10 years ago!
I played the demo last night and oh goodness it looks so neat! I love that the protag can have they/them pronouns! I love the art style! It has a late 90's manga vibe! I'm looking forward to any and all updates!