Dungeon of Numenas 2 is a game developed using PICO-8, a fantasy console designed to develop tiny games, with harsh limitations to force developers to be creative and make use of every resource they have available, with a 128x128 screen that can only display 16 colors, and similar code, sound and map limitations.
This game is a short, linear platformer where you are trying to find your nemesis, Numenas, inside his own castle, but along the way there are several platforming challenges, enemies, bosses and set pieces, as well as responsive physics and controls.
- A short, 10 minute experience filled with new challenges.
- A responsive platformer engine, with variable jump height, coyote time, buffering, tight turning, etc...
- 2 bosses and 2 mini-bosses.
- 2 unlockable abilities.
- 6 unique types of enemies.
- P-speed mechanics.
- 4 different songs in the soundtrack.