This looks really great!
But I had a few spots of bother with the way it feels (in the standalone version):
1. Couldn't read the prompt text. Had to back up and walk around a couple of times until I could: https://imgur.com/Prbb8b2
2. Can't attack or defend again until animations are 100% complete, despite animations having noticeable time where weapon/shield is very near ready position. Feels "sticky".
3. When coming out of an animation from (2), holding down a button intending to attack/defend as soon as possible doesn't work. I have to release and press the button again. Feels like it's ignoring my input.
4. Bash doesn't defend against a spider's rush attack, even though my shield is between the spider and me.
5. I got confused initially between the spider flashing red and flashing white, and took me a while to work out which was which.
6. I couldn't defeat the ERROR boss ;)