Very nice litte game! I managed to score 940 before finding an infinite exploit.
What I liked:
- Your take on the theme is breathtaking, that's a very awesome idea! The causality principle between current action and future consequence is perfectly represented
- Game mechanics are simple, and therefore very simple to understand, but works well
- That sound, when you're about to fall, is spot on =D
- Very ergonomic colors, it's quick to understand what's going on on the screen
What I think could be better:
- More diversity in the gameplay? Like, maybe, different enemies, timed event, etc.
- The game art feels very "dev-art", could use a bit more work (toward pixel-art like the faces, or toward flat modern like the geometrical shapes and sharp colors)
- Like I said, the game is exploitable. As I've recorded here. Basically you can make yourself invulnerable by finding a sweet spot that covers most of the screen while not hitting you. That could have been fighted with features like time-limited bullet-throwing, the pillar moving, previously proposed events requiring you to aim elsewhere, etc.