I don't think you lose anything by asking itch.io to feature you (both here and on Twitter)
I don't know how positively they answer but cost nothing to ask I guess ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
I'm gonna try and hopefully give helpful suggestions, from someone who used to back project:
- Make a trailer, that 50s static title screen is going to do you a disservice.
- Take the time to tell people what you're doing. Doesn't have to be of highest quality : Take some footage, talk a little bit about the game now and then,etc...
- Post that video on youtube. Post that on twitter...post that wherever you possibly can ʅʕ•ᴥ•ʔʃ
- Maybe put a few bucks in a facebook ad and post that here as well
- Emphasis on the fact that you're demo is playable : put a "Playable demo" badge on your promotional pictures and video, add the link to itch.io build on the very top of your kickstarter, make it crystal clear that you already have something to show.
Yeah...hopefully it help, not a pro on these ʕノ)ᴥ(ヾʔ