level two is too difficult, there's no way to stop the weirdo from carrying you once you start jumping
You most certainly can jump without gliding with Abi. Just don't try to jump when you are off the ground. ;)
As for difficulty, yes level two is difficult, but it has been completed by many players, so you probably just need to practice your movements. Here's a tip about Abi.
She uses velocity to give you a boost, so if you are falling, and you use Abi, you will jump way higher than if you just try to double-jump.
Most of level two's difficulty comes from timing sliding under the branches while being chased by the Wood Troll.
Today we are unleashing an update to Gelda with a bunch of fixes that we hope you will like.
- Abi is not based on velocity anymore and works more like a double-jump
- Gelda can now let go of Abi while gliding
- Text boxes now are destroyed correctly
- Troll disappears when you get far enough away so you are not stuck/trapped anymore
- Gelda can now duck to look down to avoid leaps-of-faith
- Checkpoints now work correctly and do not activate before being reached
- Fixed collision issues in the Misty Wood - 2 level
- Reduced death/respawn sequence time
- Reduced time for level name screen for faster play
- Added option to quit to title during playing via the pause menu (press ESC to pause)
- Cleaned up major graphics splicing issues
- Optimized rendering and collision checking to reduce lag
Please give the updated game a whirl and let us know your thoughts.