Playing with the demo I find this brilliant.
However there is room for improvements :
- make it more colorblind friendly. I don't know how exactly, I admit this must be a challenge. But there must be a way.
- instructions for the level should be always on display
- there should be a visual clue of the desired ouputs. For example by overing of the output squares ?
- the desired output is often messy? While it is OK, it would be more satisfying for the eye if the output was always a nice looking pattern. Before trying the demo I really beleived the aim was to draw patterns from the input mess, while most challenge are filtered output (as far as I can see from the demo, maybe this is a demo bias). Or maybe it is just that being partially colorblind I don't see the resulting patterns :-o
- selected component should remain selected until unloaded, for quick multiple pasting.
- need for French translation ?