i placed an item sorter but when i saw the blocks on the bottom right-hand corner there was something that i had never seen before. in the sorter item selection screen it looked almost like sand. i went through and placed an omnidrill on every block in the game and havent found it
yeah, sand is in the game, just not used.
here's some proof from the 3.3 beta devlog:
Keep in mind this release is *very* unstable! Save often, and expect major bugs.
- Added multiplayer (you can stop asking now!)
- Supports LAN play, over the internet and cross-platform with the upcoming PC edition
- Added ores to map editor
- Possible controller support (completely untested)
- Changed smelter system to use fuel and have a maximum speed/capacity
- New save system, import and export saves to local storage
- Added autosave
- Changed flak turret projectiles and speed
- Balancing of titanium and coal drills to be slower and more expensive, to slow down late-game progression
- Fixed bug with stacking conveyors and tunnels/junctions not transporting directly to the core
- Optimized pathfinding to be ~3x faster and use less memory
- Translation support (incomplete, full translations coming soon!)
- Teleporters now use power and have a better UI
- Sorters also have a new UI
- Added a sand resource (currently unused and unobtainable, but is displayed in the sorter)
- Re-made all player weapons to be more varied and interesting
- Removed upgrade menu and added the weapon factory block
- Increased base player health
- Discord integration: Wave, map and player count are now displayed in Discord while playing Mindustry
- Proper Mac and Windows32 support: not well tested, please report any problems!