For those of you who wanted more challenge in the game, there is a speedrun mode. This mode times your play-through but also speeds up the platform movements as long as you can keep up.
This mode is has a higher risk of being uncomfortable, causing motion sickness, and falling over, so engage on your own risk.
- Each time you take a perfectly timed step onto a new platform, the game will speed things up a little bit. This means that you step down on a new platform in the same moment as it lines up, which requires that you started taking the step a bit in advance. If you did it right, you'll hear a little sound.
- Each time you miss an opportunity to step onto a new platform, the game will slow things down a little bit. This will play a lower pitched sound. (This can occasionally happen through no fault of your own.)
- When you die, the speed is reset, so it's recommended to keep to a speed you can handle in order to not lose momentum in your speedrun. You can avoid speeding thing further up by taking steps in a slightly slower way.
I do not recommend this mode to people who haven't already played through the game at least once, so in the final game I'll probably only unlock the speedrun mode by completing the game.
How to use:
- Start a new game the regular way.
- Open the in-game menu using the application menu button above the touchpad on the controller.
- Click the 'New Speedrun' button.
Let me know what you think of the speedrun mode (in case you try it out) and post your speedrun times here! Ideally as screenshots. :)