I enjoyed this (after raging a bit). When the controls work it feels challenging but smooth, which really is a lot of fun. However, too often things feel slippery. I encountered one glitch where the rope went completely haywire (vibrating all over the place really fast), but most of the time the problems were with grabbing a ledge or climbing a wall. I think it could have been improved in some of these ways:
1. Allowing the player to 'restart' without either exiting to the main menu and reloading the game or dying.
2. Allowing us to take down a rope if we missed our shot.
3. Making climbing walls more consistent.
4. Allowing the player to jump from the rope, not just from the wall.
5. Preventing pressing down repeatedly on the joystick (or selecting "continue" on the death screen) from refreshing the animation only at the end of which you move down to start the level (or continue/respawn).
I have also noticed that at times if you're climbing the rope up to a ledge, and your character isn't able to grab the ledge (for no apparent reason), then sometimes you can get stuck on the rope, unable to descend, unable to do anything except fall to your death. I also found, while I was trying to improve my time on normal mode, that you can be completely immobilized (unable to move at all, no matter what you try to do to get out of it) if your character simultaneously tries to climb down a rope and climb down a wall. That's very frustrating and should be fixed. The timing for the jump (if you're jumping from one platform immediately after landing) is a little too tight - a bit more generosity here would make the game feel a lot more responsive.
One thing I will say for it is that it's addicting though. There's something about it which keeps me coming back. After having glitches ruin my best runs, though, I'll be put off for a while. You have something here, but you need to refine it.