I love this game! But can I make a couple request or suggestions? I would like it if the map editor wasn't so confusing please, and maybe make it so that you won't have unlimited sprint, like add a stamina bar?
Thanks for the suggestions!
- The map editor sure isn't simple, but you need to be more specific. How do you think it could be improved?
- Stamina-limited running would be a good feature to have, but I am considering to only add it as a separate mode for now (something like "realism mode"). Same goes for fall damage (currently there is none).
Also please remember that there are many other features planned which require a lot of work, so implementing anything you ask will certainly take a while!
With the map editor make it so that you see it as if you where to fly around in game or something with just a more simple layout. The map editor is just complicated to use! BTW Thanks for Replying!
Unfortunately there is no easier way to get 3d map design done. At least not something I know of. I think these will help you:
- Check out the Help in the toolbar dropdown menu, it is a very brief dialog containing many useful keyboard shortcuts.
- Start with 2d maps rather than 3d.
- Download some maps, then open them in the editor, to get an idea of how to make similar maps.
I think the layout is as simple as can be, really. No way to fit so many options otherwise.
Still, if you can think of specific ways in which it can be improved, by all means let me know!