I think this game has a lot of potential, and I can't wait to play a later build of it! I didn't play though the whole game (I fell through the floor really early on the Jazz side, and can't bring myself to do the maze again), but I loved both the environments (especially the little I saw on the Jazz side! The colours and design are BEAUTIFUL and so interesting to look at!), an the music is great! I think it's a super unique concept overall, I just love the idea of it, and how everything just ties together so well.
Here are some buggy things/notes I took while playing through. Mind you, I went out of of my way a bit to be thorough, but I did my best to be helpful. :)
- The colours on the Blues side are very dark. It may benefit to brighten it up a bit.
- The book at the beginning- What is the text about if? Tester? Texte? I can't tell what it's supposed to say.
- NPCs will stop dead in their tracks, or walk on the spot/crash into each other and keep walking in place.
- If you stop at any point on the stairs, you slide all the way back down to the bottom.
- Curbs can be hard to get over, like they're too high.
- You can go through the NPCs (not sure the age of the character, but I also feel rather short next to them... Like I feel like I go up to their bellybuttons. Might be intentional).
- Can also see through NPCs and see their outlines if you get too close.
- Speed of character walking is a little slow (though you do seem to go faster if you move diagonally).
- Not sure if this is intentional, but one of the buildings near the beginning (down the street from where you start and to the right, beside three garbage bags) has a staircase without a railing at the top. You're able to repeatedly jump off the side of the platform (again, maybe this is intentional).
- ^^^ same building but on the left at the very end (and later in the forested area).
- You can walk through the brown structure in the forested area (with the two men facing each other at the door, with the different colour pebbles leading up to it).
- You can walk through the trees.
- There is no depth to the pit of instruments- You float over top of it to the other side.
- Maybe a water sound effect and/or a slower speed for walking in the river? Just to differentiate between land and water.
- The statue in the maze rotates to face you wherever you move. Maybe would want to make it stationary in a later build, so it's less confusing when going through the maze (ie. landmarker- I came at the statue facing this way when I walked by it the first time.)
- The maze is VERY difficult right now. I almost gave up.
- The first house on the right- The person outside is floating above the ground.
- I tried going up to said floating person and I fell through the ground. :(
- Camera seemed a like glitchy when I was walking on this side.
Overall, great first build! I'm excited to see where this goes! :)