So I played the game for a good half hour and this game has a lot of potential! There was a lot things I really liked and some things I think could be improved, I did keep in mind that this is still a demo and I only managed to get to the first boss, so here it goes.
Things I like:
- the game reminds me a lot of Enter the Gungeon and Nuclear Throne and I love both of those games so this is really cool.
- the pixel art style is great
- I really like the tentacle mechanic, I don’t know why, perhaps because it's unique and different from most other top-down-shooter games
- I liked the grab and throw ability even more then the tentacle, I would play still play the game even if there was only the grab
- the atmosphere was pretty good too
things that could be improved:
- the cool-down on the grab was quite annoying especially when I missed a grab I still had to wait for the ability to recharge.
- I think that the that the player should be able to throw with the left mouse button, it just feels more natural to be able throw with the left mouse button since you can't use the tentacle while grabbing an enemy (this is just my personal preference)
- the game felt a little slow to me, perhaps it could be speeded up a bit
All in all I think this is a solid demo and this game has a lot of potential and with a little polish to the art and some tweaks it could be very successful, wishing you the best of luck and I look forward to future updates :)