I decided to take a break from coding for the day and work on assets. Thanks to the discord I found a Kenney's asset pack that will work perfectly and I began importing it into my project. I've been having to add collision to each object myself, so I'm picking and choosing which ones to add based on need. I did run into an interesting issue that makes my pillows dance, so that's fun.
I am pretty sure it's an issue with the origin of the mesh being on the corner of the model and not in the middle so I'm going to have to put these models into Blender and move that. That should fix it. I think.
I have a plan for the general layout of the apartment, based on my old apartment. I need to start thinking about win conditions soon and how to program those, but I'm not entirely sure how to start with that. This weekend is probably going to be slow progress but I think I'm in a good place to have something playable next week!