Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome and THEME of the month Sticky

A topic by Mystery Coconut created Mar 30, 2023 Views: 341
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host (4 edits)

Welcome to another Week Sauce game jam! As you know Week Sauce is not really a monthly jam, but more of a work on a project for a few days without stressing about schedules” deal. However, we do have a monthly (totally optional) theme that we announce a few days before the start of the month in case you need help getting the creative juices going. This month we ran a poll again for a week in our Discord server, and the most voted theme was…

Trapped

Yeah, I know last month's was The Dark Side, and this month is Trapped, and I really hope that is not setting a dark pattern for the jam on 2023 (or for the people joining and voting for these themes!), so next time I swear I am only adding cheerful themes to the poll. 

On the other side being trapped, and escaping, is kind of a classic game theme. Will we see a bunch of roguelike dungeons and characters looking for the exit? Are they captured by an unfair fantasy justice system, a police state, severe teachers that don't like your youthful expressions of liberty? As always, it is all up to you! But if you want to chat about your take, are looking for help or a team, or wanna share what you are working on, join our Discord and say hi.

Did you make a game with this theme but finished it past the due date? No problem! Get in touch and I will send you a link to upload it. 

Thanks for joining us, and have fun! 
—Miguel Friginal