SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Q&A Sticky Locked

A topic by KagariSoft created Mar 04, 2023 Views: 183
This topic is locked
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(3 edits)

Does this jam have a prize? - No, the prize would be the completion of a story or the story as you would like to tell it. Take it as a new achievement to improve yourself.

What engine should I use? - You can use any visual novel engine, Ren’Py is recommended. You can also use NaniNovel in Unity.

Can I use this project after the jam? - Sure, the idea of this jam is to help new and veteran developers to create their first or next project.

Can I modify the game after the jam? - Sure!

Can I upload a demo or an incomplete game? - No! Only completed games are accepted.

Can I make a paid game after the jam is over? - If your idea is to generate revenue of course! However, if you are using CC art (free to use) it is recommended and requested that you read the terms of use of those assets.

Where can I find free use assets? - On itch there are a lot of artists who publish free use assets.

Can I use a game already finished or from a past jam? - No. You cannot use a completed or started game, you must create your project from 0 and submit it during the submission period. 

What should the project look like? -

This AI character can be a love interest, a friend, etc.

Or maybe the protagonist could be an AI and have human friends, or they could be artificial intelligences. It’s up to the developer to decide what to do, they have total creative freedom. What matters is that this character is relevant to the plot of the story.

Some examples to give you an idea:

• Lucy -The Eternity She Wished For-
  • Hate plus

should I only start when the jam is officially on? - You must plan the project before the jam is on and start working when the sending period is enabled, or plan the project and work on it during the sending period. Keep in mind that you have time to submit, the jam lasts from February to June; after the submission deadline, projects cannot be submitted to the jam.

Is voting obligatory?

• No it is not, but it is recommended to play the projects of other creators and leave your comments on the project. The ranking system will only be used to rate a visual novel that is of interest, and that attracted a lot of attention.

Can I invite my audience to vote?

• Yes, you can…

My game was disqualified or removed, why?

• Disqualified: If your game was disqualified, the reason for the disqualification is included on the submission page. Being disqualified indicates that your game does not comply with the rules and you can resubmit your game once you have corrected it.

• Removed: In the case of being removed, it is because your game does not comply with any rules and was spammed. Posting multiple times will result in an immediate disqualification and the user will be reported for spamming.

Can I send this game to another jam while participating in this one?

• No, you can’t
moved this topic to Questions