Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

No submissions of completely pre-existing games. (Some games removed.) Sticky

A topic by droqen created Dec 05, 2020 Views: 251 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted (3 edits) (+6)

I removed a few submissions of games that were made long before the start of the jam and weren't updated during the jam. It's not really within the spirit of the jam to submit games that involve no work done during the jam! If you were affected by this please let me know if you are unhappy about the situation.

edit: Also if you were not affected by this please let me know if you think I'm in the wrong for doing this, just trying to avoid what , to me , appear to just be completely jam-unrelated submissions.

This seems pretty normal for every jam at this point.

HostSubmitted(+1)

I haven't run any sort of visible jam on itch.io before, and I don't participate in too many, so this is news to me! It makes sense that the landscape has changed into this, but still, it's a bit sad.

Submitted

what?

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Apparently it's pretty common for people to just add their games to jams even if they weren't made for the jam. I'm assuming this is just to get people to look at their games, but it's pretty rude imo. For example, I could submit a game of mine to every single jam that's active on itch.io right now, because then (I guess) a few people would look at my game.

Anyway I wasn't aware of this back when I made this post.

I don't know if this is what you're asking about, but in short, this was a small announcement to let ppl know that I'm removing these types of submissions from the jam, and why.