Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

faq Sticky

A topic by droqen created Nov 30, 2022 Views: 124 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (2 edits)

hello here are some questions i think i usually get when i run the variety megajam!

hey i just realized that although faq stands for "Frequently Asked Questions," it could just as well stand for the singular "Frequently Asked Question." a faq contains faqs! weird.

faq#1 - so am i supposed to submit 10 games separately or all of the things i make in 1 game?

it is completely up to you! people have done both.

faq#2 - are there any themes?

yes, i will be posting them one per day from dec 1 - dec 10, unless i get delayed/busy/distracted.

faq#3 - do they have to be 10 different genres? i can't

genre is up to your interpretation! it's my hope that you run up against this beautiful wall and this starts to disintegrate what 'genre' means to you. take a genre and break it in half, into two separate genres. combine two genres: is this a new genre? take a genre and remove something important: is this a new genre? take a genre and remove something unimportant: is this a new genre? have fun with it. inventing new genres in order to looophole your way through this rule is totally within the spirit of the jam.

~

if you have any more questions please ask them wherever you'd like and i or someone else will endeavour to give you a good answer.

love, droqen.

Host

p.s. some tips:

i have, still, never successfully made 10 games myself for this game jam! if you do all 10 you're doing better than i ever have or perhaps ever will ;) if you can only make 1, that's totally fine. make as many or as few as you'd like, or as you can. i do suggest not spending too much time on any individual game though. use this opportunity to see what you can get done in half or one-tenth the time you'd normally spend! try it once anyway, you might be surprised!