Jobs
Tags

None of these games work :(

A topic by Pitiless Peanut created Jan 23, 2024 Views: 90 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Unforturnately I couldn't get any of these games to work:

Hammerhead Squad, Scuba Squad & Under Water Tactics
These three all require windows which I don't have available outside of my workplace where I'm not allowed to install software.

WHO FORGOT THE SCUBA TANK AT HOME???

This one failed with an "sharedArrayBuffer" error on device #1, and got stuck with fans spinning up all the way on device #2.

Turbulum AQUARIUM

Got stuck with "loading" on device #1. No sound/music and unresponsive on device #2.

Too bad! I'm a huuuge fan of tactical games such as Invisible Inc, Laser Squad, Xcom etc!! I hope we can see more games and more jams like this in the future!

Submitted

Normally we would do a WebGL build of our game (this time Scuba Squad) for a jam but it takes so long in Unity that we ran out of time to submit one (Our Windows one was submitted 4 seconds before the deadline!). It sometimes doesn’t work, or doesn’t fully work, in Unity WebGL as well so we’d have probably taken a good few hours or more to get the build out.

We’d rather you played our game than not though so we’ll try to submit a WebGL version, if the-syncr0 is ok with that, and let you know when it’s ready.

We could do a Mac one but they don’t install by default on modern OSX versions and complain a lot about being an invalid download, which just gets us more grief, but if that would work for you it might be doable too. 

Host

Yes feel free to submit a web build or any other platforms. As long as you don't add anything besides small bug fixes necessary for the builds to work

Submitted

Hi! I've added windows, mac and linux builds to the game page. Let me know if there are any problems.

Submitted

We've just added a WebGL build that should run on all modern platforms and browsers. If you get chance to play it before the votes end that would be great, otherwise please feel free to feedback to us after the voting period, we're still really keen to get people's opinions on Scuba Squad.

https://rebello.itch.io/scuba-squad

The only real changes were to do with making the fonts larger and bolder so you could read the text when the game runs at the default itch.io WebGL page resolution of 960x540 (1/16th of the 4K resolution we designed it for). We did bug fix the Demo Mode not working as well. Lastly, the level meshes were being generated using compute shaders at runtime so we had to export those to static meshes and bundle them with the build to get it working on WebGL.