Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A winner emerges, but more importantly, a winning community emerges! Sticky

A topic by Spore Servant created May 06, 2022 Views: 88 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

Firstly, a thank you to *all* folks who have followed, submitted, voted, and promoted this project! The goal of this project was to make sure TTRPG project creators have options for letting the world out there know their product can be used with whatever system we are into. 

As all submissions were in the public domain, I feel it is appropriate to be transparent with all the awesome folks here about the results! This is what Itch.io's results page is telling me: "20 entries were submitted between February 18th 2022 at 12:00 AM and April 18th 2022 at 12:00 AM179 ratings were given to 20 entries (100.0%) between April 18th 2022 at 12:00 AM and Last Wednesday at 12:00 AM. The average number of ratings per game was 8.9 and the median was 9."

In my eyes, as a first-time Itch Jam creator, everyone here is a winner by virtue of participating in a community driven effort - that being said, there were many votes cast, and that means there are some winners by voter's choice :) the results can be viewed here: https://itch.io/jam/ttrpg-system-agnostic-badge/results

• 1st place went to samizdatediciones for their submission demonstrating an unparalleled ability to make an "S" and an "N" look like the same letter :)
  • 2nd place went to calenheydt who submitted what could have passed as an album cover for The Cramps or the dying grasp of Strahd von Zarovich's latest blood provider
  • 3rd place goes to Plus One Exp who has been prolific on the TTRPG scene as of late, and put together an epic submission that made me feel like I was in the Twilight Zone whilst simultaneously listening to Black Flag

Based on our categories, we also had some additional rankings!

• The submission who took the prize for Look and Feel was Plus One Exp with their punk aesthetic - I almost feel like I saw this submission on a sticker at CBGB back in the day! 
  • On the Readability front, Caverns of Heresy showed us how it is done - the people have looked and their eyes have said "I GET THIS" loud and clear! 
  • MinibossDesign showed us how to make a badge that took the cake in the Understandability category - no one who glanced upon this lovely design had any misgivings about what the badge meant!
  • Calen Heydt won the "Sizzle" category - I don't know what "Sizzle" means, and I am the one who made it up, but I still 100% agree with the voters on this decision. I was not able to vote as the creator, but I secretly would have voted for this one. It just reminds me of classic horror movies and I can't get over it :)

Thanks again to all who have participated in this! A genuine thanks from me for helping to make this Itch Jam into something more than just me shouting into the void, and a thanks on behalf of the entire community to all of the creators who contributed something that will remain free forever - cheers!!!!

Submitted

....the winner has now vanished???

Host

Oh no... it looks like the author maybe deleted their submission. This page is a 404 now: https://samizdatediciones.itch.io/system-neutral-logo as well as the ranked submission. The only place I see it now is https://itch.io/jam/ttrpg-system-agnostic-badge/results

I will try to figure out how to contact them, and hope for the best

Host

The winning logo is back! Links should work just fine now :) thanks for letting me know about this!

Submitted

yay!