Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Feedback Swap for Dungeons in Progress

A topic by Operant Game Lab created Oct 12, 2022 Views: 146 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hey all. I'm nearing the end of my room descriptions for my adventure. I'd love to get a second pair of eyes on it for feedback. Anybody want to swap feedback?

Yeah, I’m super down.

Submitted

Sweet thanks. Here's what I have so far https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eWayfVDVIlhW_oROcX3_MPPWHtbbnfGB4gLgB4SVe1c/...

It actually looks like we are backing out. There is just not enough time. I will read through yours though and shoot you some feedback inline. Cheers.

Submitted

Ah got it. And thank you so much. Let me know if I can ever return the favor.

Wow, this is banging. You have a super fun concept here. I can imagine it being VERY deadly, but that’s pretty Troika! Just a heads up that you have a bunch of backgrounds here, which are prohibited from the jam submissions. They look really fun, though. You have a few spelling errors, but I expect this draft will get some cleaning. I love the bullet list format, and I hope that survived the edit and layout process. If there was one thing I feel is “missing,” it’s meaningful guidance in running the ever-present “audience.” Most rooms could provide a little personality direction on what the audience wants or reacts to. I think the adventure will run fine without it, but its the only thing I would be looking for and surprised not to find (given the setup).

Submitted

Wow, thanks for the detailed response! I really appreciate it. 

That's funny, I had never thought it would be deadly (unless the PCs decided to antagonize the tougher NPCs which is always an option). Yes, the backgrounds are going in the normal release rather than the jam release. The bullet layout has been retained. I hope it will help the GM run the dungeon basically straight out of the book rather than having to make their own notes. And the audience mechanics are in the works now. The idea is to give them some clocks that fill up when they get bored with bad things happening (e.g., flooding rooms, releasing monsters from the kennel) when those clocks fill. Also, I'll include some example audience heckling.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. Let me know if I can return the favor.