Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Archery Game

A topic by NotExplosive created Feb 17, 2019 Views: 159 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hiya there! For those that don't know me, my name is Potatoes Are Not Explosive (or just NotExplosive). I have done a shit ton of gamejams so I'm pretty good at making stuff look good in very little time. The thing that I struggle the most with is coming up with that initial concept, but once I have the vision in my head for what this game is gonna actually look like, the actual making of the thing is just an implementation detail.

I'm actually going to be making two games this week, one for this jam, and one for LOVE Jam. 

Now that being said, LOVE Jam is just the weekend while this jam is a whole week. So currently my goal is to make a vertical slice of the game I'm making for this jam, and submit that to LOVE Jam. I'm also starting a day late, so this means I'm gonna be cranking out a lot of game in very little time. We'll see how that goes.

I'm reusing some assets from my game Lens for now, I don't intend to use this for the final game, I just needed something to get me started.

This is an animation test. Note that the bow squishes down as you pull back the string. I had implemented something a lot like this when I used this asset the first time, so this was actually really easy. I'm going to borrow something else from Lens, but more on that later.

Here's an example of the predictive arrow path. Not sure if this will be in the final game but it's nice to have for now and wasn't that hard to write.

Hey, since you took the time to read this, here's a bonus gif:

Completely unrelated, I just think it looks cool.

Submitted

End of day 2. I'll let this speak for itself for now. I'm going to bed.

https://notexplosive.itch.io/gale