SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Theming Question for Butterfly Keeper

A topic by Jules Ford created May 02, 2023 Views: 89 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hi! 

My entry's working title is Butterfly Keeper. This is subject to change, but here's the pitch: 

This solo RPG is about a player who moves to a new town and takes the role of Butterfly Keeper. Their job is to act as a consultant for caterpillars before they become butterflies, where each session the player consults with a few caterpillars and designs wings for them to help in their metamorphoses. The player will be able to use their profit from their business to upgrade their character's stats, change their character's appearance, and upgrade their shop. Though the bulk of each session is about the player's work in their shop, they also get to learn more about the town and journal their personal and professional progress.

The rules of this game jam specify that the game needs to involve transformation of the player character. Though my game uses transformation as a major theme, it's all about how the main character helps other townsfolk transform, where the player's transformations are not as important to the plot. Would this still be an acceptable submission? I'm in early stages so I can alter the design if needed.

Cheers,

Jules

HostSubmitted

YES. If the players are the ones orchestrating the central transformations of the game, that is totally acceptable to call transformation a core theme. One could even imagine that the keepers themselves take on a more insect apperance with each change they assist in.... possibly. Your idea sounds lovely and I cant wait to see it.