SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

FAQ Sticky

A topic by Quirky Bird Games created Dec 07, 2023 Views: 135 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

Is NSFW stuff allowed?

Normally yes, but not this time. While NSFW stuff is perfectly valid, I want this to be a collection of creations that people can check out with people of any age and choose something to play.  

What's NOT allowed?

• Anything hateful toward any group of people, especially anything racist, sexist, queerphobic, ableist, xenophobic, and so on. With that said, things that give a point of view from someone who has experienced those things is welcome! Generally punching up is fine, punching down is mean and uncalled for.
  • Anything released before the jam began.
  • Anything that doesn't fit the theme. For this jam, that means you have to make something that's small or was made in a small time frame.

Note: there might be more, but like... We're chill and welcoming, so unless you make something really atrocious, I'm sure it'll be fine. You can always reach out to me to ask if you're unsure. :D

Can I charge money for what I create?

Heck yeah you can, and you should! It's jam etiquette to add community copies or make what you create free while the jam is running. It's far from required, though! Doing so allows others who enter the jam to check out all the entries and give feedback, though.

If your game isn't free and will be part of the bundle, I'll reach out to you to ask for a copy of it to make sure it doesn't break any of the rules here.

HIGHLY recommend that if you make what you create free, please set it to "$0 or donate" instead of "no payments" if you can. This means that when someone hits the download button, they'll see a screen where they can pay for what you made. If people don't want to pay, they can hit "no thanks" and get it. But it's an amazing feeling when someone pays, and some people love having the option to support a creator! 馃А

And if you want to charge money for it, but want to make it free for the jam, I've found that setting the price where it should be and then running a sale that makes it free is far better than merely making the game free and changing the price later.

Should I give feedback to other games? And if so, what kind?

Unless a creator says otherwise, give encouraging, friendly feedback. This is an encouraging jam, after all. Some entries may be from people who have never made finished anything creative or are still new to it. Plus, jams are often the perfect time to experiment. Be specific about what you enjoy about it. "I loved the way you wrote this part" is so much better and more genuine than "I liked it."

Can I submit something if I submitted it into another jam?

Heck yeah! Most of my jam creations are for two or more jams. :D

How can I find out about future jams?

Check us out on Discord or join our Patreon! We use our Patreon as a blog. News, sales, community copy additions, and deep dives into our designs are free; in fact, ALL of the posts are free with the exception of some exclusive polls. You can become a free member and read almost everything right in your email, like a newsletter! Plus, free members get a free game each month! And since we add community copies to each of our games, your notification of a game's release means you can hop on one of the community copies if you want. 馃コ

Quirky Bird Games is a sister company to Weird Giraffe Games (hence the Weird Giraffe Games discord server), and you can find the #toucan-do-it-jams channel down under "QUIRKY BIRD GAMES." Feel free to chat everywhere on the server, though, of course! :D 

How can I reach out to you to ask questions privately?

Either of these methods work:

• Email: CataclysmicKnight[at]gmail.com
  • Discord: bethmakesgames

- 鉁˙eth

(+1)

Lovin' the wholesome vibes, have a frog :D

Host

Aaaawwwwwwww thank you so much! And what a wonderful frog it is, too 馃惛馃コ 

- 鉁˙eth