Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I upload a kinda different version of my game?

A topic by glas created Aug 17, 2020 Views: 120 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted (1 edit)

Hello! I know that updates for the game can still be made during voting but is uploading a different version of my game allowed? More specifically, I want to upload an "Endless Only" version of my game mainly since there are some problems,bugs,crash,etc. in the original endless mode , and I would like to implement more updates on only the "Endless" part of the game. I do not want to put this new endless mode on the original game since my intention for this update is to make the game less buggy(less mb and simpler), more replayable and enjoyable all at the same time. All features of this new game will stay the same except I will be removing the battle mode, changing the customize system a bit, and updating the endless mode features. Btw some features are more animations, enemies, a different strategy for the shooting, etc. Also, will it be like a different submission or will it be judged the same? Thanks!

Jam HostSubmitted

Hi

Yes you can update your game and it won't be a different submission.

So the ratings you received until now won't be deleted, but people who already rated your game won't probably do it again as they don't get notified that you updated the game.

-Cah

Submitted

Wait, so I'm allowed to add an export to another platform now?