Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam Winner Announcements!

A topic by AmalgamAsh created Jan 10, 2024 Views: 60
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host (1 edit) (+1)

results and ample time to rate entries have been given, and I am ready to reveal the results!

Congratulations to CF Leonhardt for their community-won submission "Dick Hardwood, PI" - made with RPG in a Box!

C.F wins bragging rights as the winner of the second (and so far largest) Minutiae jam ever, and as such, is recorded on my main itch.io page's list of jams and their winners!

I agree with this community judgement as C.F really worked to embody the spirit of the Minutiae and applied many of the challenges, each one adding even more limitations or dev time, to create a unique experience that had a polished feel and an ending!

I hope to see this game continue!

C.F may create a new optional requirement that future Minutiae jams can utilize, changing the course of this strange and evolving jam series -- and may *delete* an existing requirement, if they so choose!

But wait!  There is another winner-- a winner I have chosen alone, not based on community ratings but based on my own feel of judgement criteria applied, in which I feel the participant excelled into the stratosphere:

Nil Bogg's Tiny Adventure, by Poulet Rôti!

I loved this game's gameplay loop, graphic and sound choices, and most of all the main character!  Nil has promised to give me my credit card back as well for including this game as a winning entry, so let's hear that applause!

Poulet will be able to add a new condition to the lost of requirements, further evolving the jam's later incarnations, and will be recorded as second place winner for this Minutiae!

BUT WAIT!  THERE IS MORE!

A World of Paradox: Forsaken Singularity really nailed a TON of the requirements of this jam, and went the extra, extra mile to tell a story with all of these elements that was cohesive and totally encapsulated the Minutiae!  If anyone joins future jams, consider this the high end of the bar!

The creator, Absolute Anarchy will also be able to make an additional requirement for future jam participants to choose!, and will be listed as tied for second place!

Congrats to the winners!

Finally, this will be the FINAL jam I host in which the "judged by participants" setting is used.  From now on, I (and / or a selection of panel judges) will comprise the judgement entity -- using participants to judge simply doesn't apply things in a fair, balanced or timely way historically, and so it will not be used again.

With that said, I really did love all of the submissions given to this jam, and I will complete a video giving each and every one of them recognition soon, in a compilation and announcement video.

Thank you all so much for participating and I hope you'll look forward to the next jam!

Ash