Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Let's share game concepts!

A topic by Solartion created Feb 22, 2023 Views: 235 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted (1 edit)

Hello everyone! I suggest we share our creative process and potential concept art or 3D models that we've made during the jam. It would be interesting to learn about your creative process :)

Submitted(+1)

Hello everyone, guys! I want to share with you the development process of the I.S.E game! We modeled all the locations in Blender software, creating a location constructor beforehand to make it easier and faster to assemble them. We follow a fast pipeline, not doing an unwrapping for every element, but everything is within reasonable limits. Instead of texture maps for locations, we simply assign materials in Unity, which matches our style and saves time

Submitted (4 edits)

Modeling the environment was a long and arduous task, so we followed the principle of minimalism. We would have liked to add more details to the location, but it threatened to become overwhelming and burnout.
When creating the station, we used pre-purchased assets of a space station. However, in the end, they did not meet our expectations as our story ends at the stage when the player arrives at the station, while the station location itself is present in the game:(

This game jam was a great exercise of our modeling skills and, most importantly, finding compromises in our ideas! I would love to see the development process of your game and share my impressions:)

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Cool idea to share some dev process details, so let me tell you all  a bit about creating ShareYourTreat :)
The level itself was made with modular set created in Blender (just like all the other meshes in game). We decided to make low poly from the very beginning so we made a ColorAtlas that is used throughout all the game models (should save a bunch of draw calls).
Also we find Cel-Shader (dividing light on a few levels instead of soft distribution) work great with low poly-solid color style so we implemented it during first days of developement.
Overhaul, visuals was something that we haven't even argue about, cartoon style came naturaly due to the game idea itself
There is still a lot we can tell about developement process so expect the rest of our team telling you about level design and
character/animations creation process in nearest future :)

Few pieces of our modular set:

Cel-Shader blueprint:

And that is Cel-Shader in action:

Submitted(+2)

Hello everyone, I'm the level designer of the game "share your treat, don't be tricked" when the jam started, the team and I were working on various concepts of the game and what it should be in general. Having settled on the Halloween theme, my task was to come up with an environment that could convey this atmosphere to the player. It all started with the concepts of a house on paper. I took references of real houses and tried to imagine how it would look not only from the top view but also from the perspective of the camera

After I roughly figured out what the level should look like, I tried to schematically express its dimensions in 3D in UE5 using BSP geometry. Then I had to delete it and do it again (because BSP geometry loads the game very much. Then there were problems with the walls and I had to redo the walls, ceiling, doors and so on so that they were modular. There were a lot of problems with the light because our shader did not perceive black XD and we had to redo all the models to a new atlas)

it was also fun with sprites because I was redrawing every time because of copyright. In the end, it turned out to be a level that all the members of my team really liked. It was the most exciting adventure of my life in two weeks, especially my favorite team. I love you guys very much ! Thank you for giving these wonderful moments♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

So, I can see that all of my teammates talk about their roles in creation of our project yet. That’s why it’s my turn to tell =)

Dear comrades, my name is Max and I am the 3D artist in our glorious studio, that developed “Share your treat, don’t be tricked”. My work was to add kids into the project. I was creating models, adding animations, drawing VFX and so on…

As you can see on the picture below, there is a kids characters, that were made by me: 

Tell you a secret)

There are 2 characters, that we didn’t add in game because of some reasons (Pirate, Ghost). But don’t worry about it!) You’ll see them and more more characters in the future updates after some time. 

And what about my work? As you probably already guessed, for creating models I’ve chose Blender 3D. It wasn’t easy to make an anthropomorphic creature without any reference for the first time, but after tons of coffee, anger and tries, I made the first one (Pirate). After that I start to stamping kids on an industrial scale like a factory XD… I mean models for project…. 

The second part of my work was in the Cascadeur. I’m newbie in animations. I had some experience in this type of work in Blender, but not in Cascadeur. First works were really weird))) But after some time I got pretty decent result. It’s great that I’ve received some new experience and add knowledge in my baggage! 

And another part of my work were particles. You could see them, when detecting a monster in our Project. Those particles were drawn by me in Paint. After all, I add it to the Niagara system from UE5 and got some good result)