Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What is your favorite BA Test Kitchen show and why is it It's Alive with Brad?

A topic by Matthew Gravelyn created Nov 09, 2019 Views: 123
Viewing posts 1 to 1
HostSubmitted

But seriously, what is your favorite internet food show. Have you ever thought about why you like it?

As an exercise, think about why this is your favorite show. Do you relate to the personalities on that show? Are they like you or how you wish you could be? Do you like the show because of the tone? Is the show confident in the information presented or is it silly and fun? Or both? Is the show more focused on the food or is the primary draw the people in it?

What helped me with my design is to think about why I liked the show and then tried to focus my design around emulating or highlighting these aspects. For example, in my game Who's Better Than Us?! I am focusing the design on the tension and interplay between an on-camera personality who does all the talking and an off-camera producer who can only can only control the outcome of the show through snippets of direction and judicious editing. After thinking about why I liked It's Alive with Brad, I was able to pinpoint that the relationship between these two people was the kernel at the center of what made it enjoyable for me. This helped focus my design, spending the most time on elements that contributed to this goal.

Hopefully this exercise can help you capture the essence of your favorite internet food shows and distill them into a playable experience.