SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

CentiMan (wip)

A topic by amadeux created Feb 17, 2023 Views: 151 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (4 edits)

Edit update:

MilliSpeed/CentiMan (like snake - grows as it eats)

A fast paced snake-like side scrolling game to see how far the player can travel. CentiMan grows on every bite it takes giving it more legs to run faster (totally physically possible, right?). The larger it grows the more challenging it is to avoid obstacles so the faster CentiMan goes the more challenging it gets, BUT rewarded with a longer distance in shorter time.
      A local/offline leaderboard will help keep track of the players best score with the shortest time in longest distance traveled being the highest scoring chance.

Basic game mechanices will be implemented with additional possible design elements added if given enough time left (marked with an *).

Setting
> City streets scrolling background (ninja turtles/classic arcade beat'em ups)

Game Design
> Life size CentiMan (Think like the people in the chinese lion/dragon costume) - eats people / crowd (the THIEVERY)
      > grows in legnth (add a segment) like snake when eating
      * grows in size (boost/special) 
            > (level up) - Ouroboros, eat tail to form circle and grow larger ?  
            * catch the boost (guy/pill/cake)

> obstacles
      > Barriers - buildings and road obstacles to avoid during progress 
      * inerts - slows down speed 
            > oil
            > spike fruit 
            > defensive npc 

* defenses 
      > shell
      > boost
      > stompy boots 

Mechanics
> controls 
      > turn left/right - not so much to mess forward progress but enough to allow for Ouroboros (for implementation)
      * jump

> Stage 
      > on a constant scroll that can be managed by players turning

Scoring 
      > One point for ever step taken based on each step taken
      > How long the player can last without running out of men(segments)

Submitted (1 edit)

Just basic mechanics under way.

another screenshot

Submitted

Now with scrolling background 

Next up - scoring tie in

Submitted

This seems interesting. But it looks more fitting for score Jam rather than Speed Jam.
But I guess anything can be speedrun in the end :D

Submitted

True, while it may seem like its a scoring game I am intending on using the scoring/building to get the player an advantage on speed - the more you score, the faster you go (in a ways).  Maybe I'm not understanding the concept, but I'm just trying to get something finished in one of these Jams ๐Ÿ˜€.