Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Sharing games with fellow Jammers

A topic by Kurt Potts created Mar 25, 2019 Views: 171 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

I've been thinking a lot about charging for game jam games. While these projects may not be as polished as something that took a couple years of development and playtesting I still think it's important to value our labor. I'm still tinkering with what price is right, but I think this is a good start.

That being said I really don't want to prevent my fellow jammers the opportunity to learn and collaborate. To encourage that collaboration and feedback I'll send a free copy of #birdsecrets to anyone that contributed to the Short and Easy Jam. Just email me kurt@pixelscandal.com and I'll get you a copy of the pdf.

Thanks to Noella for putting on this Jam I'm glad I got to participate.

HostSubmitted

That's why I decided to charge $5 for mine - more about making a statement about valuing our labor and trying to put more value on smaller games. 

If any other person who contributed whats a copy of my game Violet, email me at noellahandley@gmail.com

Submitted

Ooooo, I'll jump on this bandwagon and happily give a copy of My Welcomed Guest to anyone from this jam. Let me know at dawnbeargames@gmail.com.