Play gameCrazy Football!'s itch.io page
|Gameplay; core mechanics, objectives, balancing, progression||#5||2.887||3.333|
|Creativity; innovation & originality across design, concept & execution||#8||2.887||3.333|
|UI & UX; visual design, clarity & ease of use, guidance, accessibility support||#12||2.309||2.667|
|Features; gameplay enhancements, integrated systems||#18||2.021||2.333|
Ranked from 3 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
The idea is good, and fun. Consider the below points:
- Add a better UI to provide a good UX to the player, it seems to be all over the places now
- Add gamification elements
- Add an interactive tutorial which should provide a better onboarding experience than the "Manual" section
- Add a player vs cpu mode
Overall the idea has potential! Good luck.
- Nice background on ideas, No dev journal or methodology though. :-|
- Cute title screen, like the colours
- Yuk!! hate the manual. But at least its there.
- Kick mechanic works really well.
- Powerups work and are very clear
- Capsules don't move with the platform. bug?
- Would be cool if i could kick the other guy too...
- Doesn't break away from the starting project much. That being said effort has been made to develop an art style even without using additional art work. The colours are pretty mad, which fits the branding Crazy Football.
- The football doesn't really stand out much. Might be worth adding effects to the ball when kicked. Maybe make it look more unique with some texturing OR make it look like a football with stitches.
- Would be cool to work on the power-up messaging. the big text on screen is very clear and great for prototype but could be cooler. text on screen does get in the way a bit.
- Like the chosen powerups. Not sure about the decision to put the power-ups in the middle of the level. The choice to have a rotating level with a centre of rotation makes me thing a better place is on the tips of the rotating segments. this way the power-ups are waved about and require the player to commit to getting one rather then getting it by accident/for free. Play testing with this arrangement would help to test the desirability of the power-ups as well. See if players understand the value of them and are willing to go out the way to pick them up. Otherwise might indicate that they need tweaking.
- overall a good output for a small effort.
The concept for this game is good and functions well, the use of contrasting colours works well in your environment and the two player style appears to function well with no errors. You have built a main menu system that also shows instructions on how to play the game which is always good to see in a game.
The objectives of the game is quite simple using a timer to get the highest score and the power-ups appear to work well. The audio chosen in the game works ok however it is very quiet and there is no option in the menu to adjust the volume, this should be added or balanced better as I found all the audio in the game difficult to hear.
You have provide an ok level of documentation but it is limited with regards to the actual games development and problem solving examples, there are also no screenshots of your game to show a visual example of your construction process. This is always important to have so people can have a visual representation of what you are trying to document.
Overall the game is stable and works well but I do feel it is a bit simple, nothing too complicated with regards to models built or textures used but it is a solid start to a game if more was planned to be added to it for more of a gameplay experience. There is certainly room for improvement but then again there always will be in game development. As a YouTuber and game developer myself we consider it a pleasure to try your games and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to try your game.
YouTuber – FellowPlayer: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXzcduiD99hcDMhhCzByRiA
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.