Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Apollo Devlog

A topic by GameWolf-Studios created Sep 25, 2023 Views: 54 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

1. Day 1 of my Apollo Devlog, I came up with an idea for the 8th Game Jam (also known as the 3rd game jam I've competed in) I came up with the idea of the 1969 moon landings that doubles as a simulatuion/shooter game. To fit with the space age, I also decided to make the game in the style of the gameboy as a russian spaceman took a gameboy to space to play tetris. The game would follow you a rocket scientist building the apollo 11 to send the first man on the moon. You would have 50 days to build the most powerful rocket. the shooter aspect would come after you launched the rocket, as you would have to manage the shield and fuel while blasting Russian spacecraft to avoid wrecking your ship and causing a 5-day penalty repair. the nose of the rocket would be how fast you will travel and you would win the game if you reached 10,000 km. As you shoot Russian ships you would receive money bags, safes, or spare parts. the money bags and safes would add up to your point tally which would be the total funds you would receive after each flight. however if you failed to make it to the moon within 50 days, it's game over. There would be no password system however there would be a couple of cheat codes and an arcade mode for the shooter bit. However so far, I've only completed the opening cutscene title screen and design your rocket premise. Image

馃敟 1

Following

September 24, 2023

2. Day 2 of my Apollo Devlog. Today I finished the Design Your Rocket UI and Designed the Blast Off Gameplay. AKA the 2nd game that you play as part of the theme. Here I designed the UI, as well as the speed and blasting mechanics. I plan to Work on the shopping mechanics and Cutscenes Next. While constructing the Blast Off UI, I thought that if you were to reach 10,000 km, there would be a boss fight against the Vostok 1 with Leonid Brezhnev as pilot. The following are some screenshots of the game.

Jam Judge

I'm looking forward to it. your game has an epic storyline