Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Regarding self-created assets Locked

A topic by PikaMew created Sep 07, 2020 Views: 128 Replies: 4
This topic was locked by StudioBlue Oct 01, 2020

Judging and voting ended. All comments should be moved to the "Final Scores and Community Award Results" topic...!

Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hello,

I'm posting the question here as I think it can be beneficial to everyone concerned by the game jam.

Regarding self-created assets, you said in the video something that confuses me.

(2:44 - 2:55)

- What do you qualify as "already"? Is this a resource made prior to the start of the game jam? Or is this a resource made even for the game during the legal period?

- If resources must be shared, must they be shared before registration closes or can they be shared after or even after judgment?

Thank you in advance.

PikaMew(FR)

Host

Hey there! This is what we mean:

"What do you qualify as "already"?" If you made it BEFORE the Game Jam started on 09/01/2020 then you cannot use it.

"If resources must be shared..." We're not 100% sure what you mean. If you want to share something you created for this Game Jam, then you have to wait until the Jam (up to and including the awards) is completed.

We hope that answers your questions!

Submitted

More or less.

We're not 100% sure what you mean.

For clarity, it is this particular quote that confuses me:

"[...] unless this is a community resource [...], please don't use something you already made just for yourself."

What I understand from it is: "Do not use something you made yourself if it is not available publicly." I just want to make sure if it is mandatory or not to share self-created assets for the game jam project.

Host

Pika, hopefully this helps:

You can use any resource that you made yourself, without any restriction. You can keep it to yourself or share it with the community, but you have to wait until the Jam (up to and including the awards) is completed to share it.

Hope that helps! 

Submitted

It does. Thank you. ^^

Host locked this topic