Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Question about the 20 minute minimum

A topic by WyldFire Games created Jul 22, 2021 Views: 183 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

So my game has a fast travel system. Can I request that the judges don’t use the fast travel system? My game is about 30-45 minutes long if you walk everywhere and about 15-20 if you only use the world map. Was just wanting to make sure I meet that minimum. 

Submitted

That might be a rough ask, but if the world is interesting then they might feel more inspired to look around more often. 
I'll check your game out when I get the chance!

Submitted

I understand. I actually just played it over again and I think it will be fine if it’s fast travelled as well. I played it 3 times with just fast traveling and all 3 times I ended the play time at about 25 minutes. 

Submitted

If I were to be honest, as a judge (disclaimer: I'm not a judge for this contest), if someone requests me not to do something, that just makes me want to do it more.

I think that a judge could do sub-20 minutes with the fast travel, but they'd honestly kind of need to try. You have plenty of cutscenes that will slow things down and some areas are really hard to navigate due to how dark they are.

(Also, I did remember you mentioning the map, I just didn't bother looking for it at first.

Submitted

and yes please do! Looking for more feedback on it!