SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

would love to have my game played!

A topic by zan-zan-zawa-veia created Aug 04, 2021 Views: 100 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

https://zan-zan-zawa-veia.itch.io/stabby-hellion-wip

for puzzle game fans. I'm proud of the sprites, the dialogue, the music, etc. not so proud of the way the title screen lags or the way the gameplay gets so hard, but I'm wondering if anyone can master it despite all that!

I had a lot of fun putting the game together but I'm sorta lost without any feedback. Thanks for checking.

Submitted(+1)

Hey there, I went and checked out your game and it's gorgeously put together. Sprites and music and dialogue are as you said, great! I especially love how the tutorial section is built as it teaches the player how to move about your game without being too hands on. I didn't finish it, but after spending some time with it I definitely came across some stronger strategies and that felt great. As you mentioned though, the game is quite punishing, which is particularly difficult early on. I died in the tutorial level quite a few times before I figured out the way to beat the enemies. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing though, I got almost puzzle like vibes from the parts I played, and I think that's the part I enjoyed the most actually. Strategy in a way yes, but finding the correct, or one of the correct, ways to handle a room was the real payoff for me personally. I'm not sure what gameplay I missed but I think you could lean into that really successfully in a further iteration, almost like a 2D Zelda game with your own spin on it. The one negative I'd have to say is that movement sometimes felt awkward because of how the blades(kind of looked like scissors) are displayed. The player looks like a 2x1 entity but moves like a 1x1 so personally I messed up my movement quite a bit early on. Not a killer, just maybe something that a visual iteration could better express. I love what you've done with the game and hope you'll take it farther either with this project or another one!

Submitted

thank you for playing and for the very encouraging comments <3 I definitely will be trying to expand the game and clarify the way limmhesto's facing!