Jobs
Tags

馃寛FAQ馃寛 Sticky

A topic by Steven Taarland created May 15, 2017 Views: 4,727
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host (2 edits) (+2)

FAQ

Why is the Jam 16 Days?

We wanted to create a relaxed and open jam that could fit into people's schedules, so we aimed for two weeks and three weekends, to allow plenty of potential free time for participants to do work.

Do I Have to be Scottish/LGBTQ+/In The Industry/Tentacle Monster to participate?

Nope! The game jam is open to EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE! No matter what your background, whether you are a student, indie developer, AAA, hobbyist, just starting, Journo, Artist, Writer, Pokemon Trainer, ANYTHING, you are more than welcome to participate!

Will there be a theme?

Yes! The theme this year is Spectrum.

Do I have to stick to theme?

No! The theme is just a suggestion to help guide development. You may use it to help inform your game design and mechanics.

Can I Work Alone/In a team?

Yes/Yes! You may work however you like! Just be sure to only post the game once on itch.io

Can I enter a game I previously made?

No. For fairness to all participants previously developed titles will not be accepted. Games must be produced within the game jam period.

Can I use my own existing art/audio/code/engine?

Yes, within reason. We want new games created for the game jam, so using assets from a previous game slightly defeats the purpose.

Do I own the rights to my game?

Of course. We may ask permission to use your game / art in promoting the game jam in the future.

I can't submit my game on time, can i submit late?

Yes! Upload your game to itch.io and email hello@rainbowjam.games with the subject LATE SUBMISSION and a link to the game.

Anything Else?

Email hello@rainbowjam.games or message on twitter (@steventaarland / @rainbowgamejam), or post here!