Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can we mix some other genres into game?

A topic by SalieriAntonio created Jan 08, 2024 Views: 145 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+2)

F.e Undertale could be categorized as interactive fiction, but has elements of fightning - could we do something similar? For example 2D shooter with gachi sound effects :D

(+2)

I too want to ask the same question!
Interactive fiction is a very loose concept, does that mean we can make any genre of game as long as it has dialogue and a well defined story line?

HostSubmitted(+3)

i answered something similar a while back and just said that as long as it has a narrative focus with text and includes some kind of interaction for the player, whether that be direct choices, clicking links, or just the ability for the player to choose how to move around and interact with the story (anything from a parser to a bitsy), we'll accept it!

my work tends to just be literal interactive novels, but there are a lot of different ways to approach IF and none of us here are interested in trying to dictate or police the definition of interactive fiction, and at the end of the day this jam is just for fun! i look forward to all of the different takes both on the theme and on interactive fiction itself.

(+1)

okay  thanks a lot! I think I understand.

running around and combat and stuff is okay as long as I include a strong narrative and plenty of dialogue and characters for interaction! my point is to convey the plot of my game after all so I think I got this!