Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The idea of procedural progression tree

A topic by ScienceJ created Dec 07, 2020 Views: 118
Viewing posts 1 to 1

ProcJam.... Loving this idea...
So i am thinking of making something in the lines of a space game, where you have to take over the universe, which will just keep expanding as you take over planets.  The idea is simple, you start with one planet. As as you conquer the planet, 5 jumps open to adjusent planets and so you go on and one. Each planet has regions with the resources you can mine and deployments you can make, so forth so forth.The foundation behind this idea is to have a mind map with tiers. Of course to build something, you need resourses and at tier one you only need one resource (gold probably) but as you progress, it gets more complicated. Not only that, this will be an idle game, so as you conquer plants you mine resources, and some resources needs to be melted....

So here is my question, I am trying to dig for a nice algorithm or something that can "built" this mind map.
Taking evil genuise as a reference, you need "Workers" and train them to either "Valets", "Guards" or "technicians" and so each goes into 3 categories and so forth so forth.... Has anyone ever made or seen something that can built something like this?

I am thinking it is possible to build something like this using elements from the real world...
It is possible.

If anyone is interested in this topic, just hit reply... Even if it is just "follow"....

Interested to see what the interest is  ;)