Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

RPG Croquet

A topic by Doyoufloss? created Mar 03, 2021 Views: 166 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Have been mulling this idea for a while and am looking for anyone interested in combining croquet with RPG elements. Anyone interested in collaborating?

Submitted

Was thinking sth more family friendly, and am specifically looking for co-game designers, illustrators, also open to music, writing, and VA - if interested let me know!

Submitted

Uhh how are you going to combine croquet with RPGs

Submitted

Some of the ideas I've been rummaging around include using card decks for character classes, world (wicket) layouts, events/story (maybe cards, maybe a booklet). Character classes could have different ways of hitting the ball, potentially have different effects (e.g. teleportation - dropping the ball at some designated point or tossing it), different ways of movement (e.g. hopping, single step for heavy hitters), etc. Lot of questions to explore: does going through wickets power up the player, is it co-op or playing against each other, what about special moves (can you hammer a ball into the ground? Move a wicket left or right?), what do the wickets represent (gates? Power boosts?). It'll be an RPG, but just using croquet as a vehicle/material to create it. Could be done for any sport really - baseball, basketball, soccer...I've been thinking about croquet though cause there's quite a lot of different tools/materials that can be repurposed, and I think the pacing of croquet may fit well with a turn-based RPG.