Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions (and need advice

A topic by Naut7 created Mar 12, 2021 Views: 96 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2

So, a question: 

Are we allowed to come up with the ideas for the game, and just make the assets and code later, or everything in the jam dates (april 30 - may 2)? It says nothing about them, and i'm wondering so I don't break any rules. 

And also:

If we decide to turn the jam game into a full game, sorta like what FNF did, should we continue to follow the rules of the jam for consistency or at that point do whatever to make it a good game? This is gonna my first jam (unless I can't figure out Haxeflixel in time), so please excuse me if the question sounds a little bit obvious.

Host

For the first question, def come up with the idea during the jam, since there will be a theme!

For the second question, do whatever you want to make a good game! :) My only ask is until the jam rating ends, you leave up the original version of the game on the itch page. We ask that people don't update their games during rating so it's more fair.

I definitely wouldn’t update the jam version after posting, just incase I make big changes and people want to know what the original was like. Thanks for the advice! I’ll try to do a rough brainstorm of characters and ideas and then see how to make them fit the theme.