Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Brand new and need some clarification

A topic by GVR Games created Jul 27, 2020 Views: 259 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Hi fellow jammers (jamirinos?), anyway. I just wanted to know what is meant by the "backpages and separate character sheets are allowed"? Does that mean we can design some character sheets to be used that does not have to be part of the A4 one page rules page? Also, what are the backpages? I am assuming some back story stuff? I am also assuming we are not allowed to have any rules text on the character sheets and backpages? 

Thanks for the help!
GVR 

HostSubmitted(+1)

Hi! Backpages, for the purposes of this jam at least, are intended to be 'extra stuff' like GM tables, item and spell lists, etc. 

Characters sheets - if they are even necessary - don't have to be on your main page as they would take up a lot of space. You can have reminder text on character sheets but I'd avoid brand new rules.

I would ask the question 'can this game be played with just the front page?' and if the answer is yes, you're good. 

That said, if you think you have a good, interesting, or innovative reason for having the core game across two pages, go for it. And characters sheets could have new information on them if you want (I'm thinking of PbtA and FitD playbooks as a good example). The main thing IMO is people aren't submitting 10 page PDFs of rules.

Submitted(+1)

Thanks for that, it clears it all up for me. Got an idea already, just need refining.