Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Numpad Jam #1 is Starting Soon

A topic by SCORPIXELITE created Jan 07, 2021 Views: 274 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted

The First Edition of Numpad Jam is here. This is a Game Jam for creating a game under 72 hours and the controls should be in the Numpad. The basic idea for such controls is to make the game a little more difficult.

This Game Jam focuses on improving the skills of the developer such as - Time Management, creativity, originality etc. With an interesting theme and  Additional Missions that are optional limitation to add a unique challenge to the game developing process. For additional information  Click Here to go to the official Numpad Jam Page. Join Fast!!!! Starting soon.

(+1)

Hi I wanted to ask if it is necessary to control the character with the numpad buttons?

HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hello there. I guess we can all agree that Numpad is the last place to see a person gaming so why not.  The basic idea is to make a proper game based on the theme that may cover additional missions using such controls and making them in such a manner that they are Adaptable. If you don't have a Numpad or don't like the idea of trying to make a game on Numpad controls then it is fine to add other controls along with the numpad controls. you can also use touch controls and mouse and gamepad controls but make sure that the numpad controls work as well. I hope this answers your question. Make sure to suggest this game jam to others as it is currently lacking participation.

Submitted(+1)

I had a pretty interesting game in my head but I'm not sure how it will fit the theme.
But I'll make it fit because that is what Game Jams are about.
Being challenged!

A secrete mind control facility below Area51 would still qualify because Area51 really exists, right?

HostSubmitted(+1)

Hello there. Yes that is what game jams are about. using your mind to make the game that you know fit into the theme. As it says, theme is open to interpretation. Area 51 exists but there are conspiracies of what happens there. So this is an advantage for you, You can make the game without considering if the true story is not being considered or the changes are too major to apply. You can always link true events that you are sure about happened and are not just a conspiracy. I hope this answers your question.