SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Sound Designer and Electronic Musician Looking for Teams to Join

A topic by NobodyLook! created Jun 30, 2023 Views: 112 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(1 edit)

Hello,

I'm a sound designer and musician with a background mostly in films. I'm looking to join some team for a gamejam as I'd like to get more videogames to my portfolio, and to get to know game developers and artists in the process. 

Let me leave a couple links in case someone's interested:

https://on.soundcloud.com/9Ah4i - this is a tracklist containing a few demos for mostly dark and abstract soundscapes and atmospheric tracks that I've worked on in the past few years. Some of these ended up being finalised and published as library music, some were made for theatre projects and some never found a home. 

This second one is a brief redesign I made last summer for a contest. It was made in a few hours with sounds I recorded  on the day:

In case anyone's interested in collaborating on something just let me know. I do lean towards the dark and macabre in general - and I tend to be mostly into story-driven videogames - but I'm very much open to all sorts of ideas and would love to take part to something quick and challenging!

(1 edit)

Hey, your soundcloud link is dead.  I have my own portfolio at: Video Game Development (lootsmuggler.com) .  The problem with it is that none of the games are playable any more.

I'm a programmer.  I plan to write the text such as it will be.  I also plan to generate some artwork with a program and find some on the internet.  I don't know what music or sound effects I need.  I'm willing to take what I can get.  There's no pay, but it'll help you add a video game to your portfolio.  However, it'll be more of a game demo.

The demo game for this jam is going to be a fantasy RPG that is mostly text-based.  It will most likely be incomplete.  I have nothing to show at this point.  The plot is that you're trying to get your son onto a boat to avoid the darkness of a night that lasts for months at a time.  You have journals that you can write messages to each other in (to satisfy the theme).  A band of heroes is killing a dragon, and that disrupts the entire local economy.

After the jam is over, I plan to eventually make a more full-featured game, but this jam demo game is more like a prototype.

Edit: Technically, your link works.  There just aren't any sounds there.  The vimeo link has sound.

Hi! Thanks for coming back at me and for letting me know about the link, it should be fixed now. What you're describing sounds interesting, I assume you won't need a lot of SFX, maybe you might need any sort of soundscape for it? Either way, I thought itch.io had some sort of DM option but it looks like that's not the case so, for anything you might need, just drop a few lines on laggard.hour@gmail.com

I have a lot of nothing done so far.  Today was the day when I had time, and I played The Enchanted Cave 2 instead of doing anything useful.  I'm probably not going to finish a project, so I apologize for wasting your time.

But I never actually asked you for any sounds, so I guess it doesn't matter.