Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Puzzle game with combat! (Undecided title)

A topic by revengeZN created Jan 09, 2021 Views: 425 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted (1 edit) (+5)

Gonna keep devlogs simple this time.

1st day - basic movements

i think i'll turn this into a puzzle game. probably. "Locked" is an optional theme too after all.
Gonna keep making it related to Touhou though, just like my previous submissions.

Submitted(+5)

Day 2

Just planning and slowly building up the foundation of the game

turning it into a puzzle with focus on grappling or something. Or probably a mix of something else too.

Host(+1)

hey welcome back!! it's awesome to see you've already got movement up and running!

Submitted(+3)

Thanks, this jam has been haunting my nightmares and i want to overcome it by making a playable game. Having experiences from my past failures helped a lot this time, ironically.

Day3

Squeezing in a battle system here.  The yellow logos are placeholder sprites for the attack animation.

The puzzly top-down view is still there, the battles are just a bonus IF i complete it on time.

Submitted(+1)

Progress is looking good!

Submitted(+1)

ty, but sadly, progress is not as good as I expected. 

Day 4(?)

Refined the battle system a bit more.

Now i really need to do the worst and most time consuming part, making art assets for everything.

Submitted(+1)

Bonus progress for today

Finally added seamless transition into battle. It's not just a puzzle game anymore

Submitted(+2)

Day 5

Looking nice ngl. 
If it wasn't obvious yet at this point, i intend to use elements from the games Lufia2 and Old School Tales series. Awe man that already sounds way too ambitious.

Submitted(+1)

Aw damn, that's some cool character animation! I'm looking forward to playing this after the jam :D

Submitted(+2)

Thanks, i dread the process of animation

Day 6? 7?
i forgot to count AAAAAAHHHH

slow progress, but progress nonetheless.  Oh man i really don't want to think about making the animations and sprites