SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The lessons we learned 馃馃榿

A topic by BenGameJamin created Feb 09, 2020 Views: 159 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for having us, we developed the game Jeti Yeti for this Jam. I thought it would helpful if we all compile some good lessons learned from this Jam.

+Plan Plan Plan, making a solid plan with a team (as much as possible) can help you tenfold later in development. E.g. During the last couple hours before the deadline I was finishing out intro story stills art when I had their basic drafts already planned which helped smooth the path to creating them.

+Working in a team carrys new challenges, I was lucky to have a good team but did find that something's get lost and become overwhelming for some to implement. 

+Do too much, fine, but know the challenges that brings to spending time with lobe ones and others. Managing time during this jam I found the last couple days I've been working since waking up to bedtime, which challenges my relationship with my understanding gf since that time is basically like me not being there.

Submitted

I definitely agree with you there with planning and time management. What I learned was keeping things in your scope. Unfortunately this time around, I underestimated how long everything would take. But these kind of things come with experience, so now I understand my own scope a little better.