SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Arschkalt

A topic by freizeichen created Feb 04, 2020 Views: 172 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+1)

Hi There,

This games working title is Arschkalt what nicely translates into "ass cold". 
A Friend and I have been working on this after our daytime jobs and most of the last weekend. We are using Unity and C#.
Because we both are not really good on graphics we tried to approach a look with only a few colors and as simple as possible.

You work at an ice cream shop and have to put the customer orders ready to be collected from the waiter.

For now the waiter is the little check mark:

He starts to run around as soon as the first rocket customer sits down, ask them what they want to order and carry the order to the cash register:

We are mostly done with the behavior of the customer, we have to get the customer spawner right, at the moment every X seconds a costomer enters the shop.
The player have to prepare the customer order as shown in the top like "Milk in a cup with chocolate" and click on the order to notify the waiter, that the food can be brought to the customer.
The customers will leave if they have to wait to long to get a free chair or wait to long for their order.

This is how the player have to prepare the order at the moment.  For the next few days we have to find some nice music and effects, improve the UI, make graphics for the Player and Waiter and probably change the sprites for the "chair". We just implemented a rating system for the customers and planning to show some kind of score.

A Game Over or Winning condition is completely missing at the moment, we just wanted to get the core mechanic working.

I hope you like the idea. I will try to up date this devlog more frequently for the last few days.

Keep up working and make some nice cold games ;)

Host

ohhh wow these graphics are so lovely!! i love the concept of the game too--it's a really unique take on the theme. i can't wait to see this one!

Submitted

Thanks for the kind words.

We are almost finished, these are the latest changes. 
The rocket and check mark sprites were replaced by these. For the Moment, every customer has the same sprite.

Left: Waiter, Right: Customer

We improved the Layout a little bit, maybe there should be one more row on the top. There is also a in game menu to adjust the Master Volume for the music and button sounds.

Of course there will be credits in the Main Menu

The last things will be to improve the UI and some small bug fixes and customer balancing. Hopefully we can put everything together in the last hours.

Submitted

Arschkalt is released https://itch.io/jam/my-first-game-jam-winter-2020/rate/565347

We changed the UI layout and added some instructions, counter for the final build.
The highscore is saved between plays.