SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Bounce Ice Slime Stone

A topic by Jolo- created Feb 01, 2020 Views: 151 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Hi I'm Jolo-,

First Game ever, Main Goal: have a playable game of some kind.
Using Godot. Building some kind of simple platformer. 

I spent last weekend making a ball (player) that I can put into four different states. No other controls (intentionally).

Stone: Rolling stone. 
Ice: More Slidy rolling stone.
Slime: Sticks to surfaces, then starts to wobble... the idea was that this could be used to gain momentum... but eh
Bounce: Ball bounces.

The controls are done, some camera work as well. Next up: Building some levels, adding some art.

Biggest issue so far: Can't make nice slopes as I can only make polygons.... albeit I can make them from things I drew as slopes (png -> Polygon). This doesn't work well for curved slopes ... might try to only have few with very high polygon rate or just build levels with straight edges. Png to polygon might be useful for other level elements though.

Second issue: Don't really have a story of any kind. (But main goal is to make a playable game and not something half finished as I do with most things)

Host

omg this is a cute concept! i like that each of the balls has some unique properties. honestly i don't feel like a game like this really needs a narrative tbh! it reminds me a lot of classic flash games, where just being a fun platformer is more than enough haha. best of luck with the jam!