SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Paranormal objects

A topic by Aziz created Jan 27, 2020 Views: 161 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6
(+1)

Possess objects and hurt people!

Our game is about escaping rooms you are locked in by possessing objects. The GIF is of the prototype we just finished. We're still thinking about the extent of the possession power. Let us know what you think!

via GIPHY

Host

since ghost trick is probably one of my favorite games of all time honestly i'm really interested in this!

(+1)

I had never heard of Ghost Trick before. I looked it up and it's a great source of inspiration! Thanks a bunch.

Host

omg i highly recommend it! i believe you can play it on ios actually if you have an apple device and are ever interested in giving it a shot.

(1 edit)

[DAY 5-6 UPDATE]

We are currently trying out some level designs. Here are some gifs from a prototype for a part of the third level/stage:

Our game is all about setting up a strategy,

hiding,

sneaking past enemies

and finding objects to possess to help you along!

The basketball is currently the most mobile host you can possess, mainly used to reach places up high. Currently we are working on designing more levels around the hosts you can possess and thinking of and testing a wider variety of hosts.

We'll be trying to draw inspiration from games like Super Mario Odyssey and Ghost Trick for mechanics. Time isn't on our side but we sure are having a great time and learning a lot. Our priority right now is making sure each object feels different and useful.

We'll keep pushing out updates on our progress from now on!

[DAY ... 7? UPDATE]

Lights off!

Possess lamps and turn the lights off to slow down guards and reduce their vision. In the gif you can see the guard slowing down drastically. Very glad we got this working. This will add another layer of gameplay. Very happy right now!

Next up = traversable electric circuits and rc cars! ( I hope)

[Day 8 update]

Powerlines and cars!

We just finished blocking out all the levels. Right now I'm placing all the scripts etc in the levels and testing if the levels are playable. This will be done today. After that's done we are going to replace all the pro builder blocks with actual assets and create a UI. The music should be done on wednesday.

In the first week we were concerned about not getting the potential out of the possession mechanic because of how much time we have. But we decided to risk not finishing the game completely so we could make the mechanics fun instead of going for a bland game where used our time to polish bland mechanics.

The last few days we have been progressing a lot! I think this might be because of the motivation we got from taking these risks. I really look forward to sharing what we made with all you.

(+1)

We found some nice assets in the asset store and we have already begun placing everything:

In our game you awaken as a spirit trapped in a house during winter (we use the theme by just making it snow outside). Your goal is to find a way outside by taking over objects around you while sneaking past people who want to keep you there. You can't possess every object, that wouldn't fit inside our scope so we'll be thinking about how we'll communicate which objects you can use